I suggest you ...

Make a downloadable API script file so we can write our bots in other IDEs.

A set of downloadable stubs would be nice so we can write bots in the IDE of our choice, with auto completion etc. available.

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kyle shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ivan S commented  · 

In fact, it is pretty easy even now.

Check my example : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B13t-K_Zpa1fR2RTbzdNcmxiWUk/edit?usp=sharing

You will need a web server installed with PHP.
        (PHP is used only to return robot code via ajax request, for convenience).

I modified the code a bit and added new 'ev.robot.data()' function to the robot object. This function allows you to pass arbitrary debug data back from your robot to the "replay player".

As an example, for green robot (robots/Seeker.js) a point when he saw the enemy for the last time is highlighted.

The fight is calculated in the separate background worker process and communicates with the "replay player" through messages. "Replay player" (fightcode_animation.js) is the script that is actually responsible for drawing everything.

To handle the data from your robot you will need to set up a handler inside "replay player" . This is done by passing ' data_callback' option when creating a new game. See main.js for details

• Rudi Visser commented  · 

This would be awesome, especially when it comes to debugging.

Feedback and Knowledge Base